Degree: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Program description. The Media Technologies program encompasses related career-technical disciplines in five general concentrations: Audio Production Engineering , Design for Web and Print, Photography , Video Production Technology and Web Technology . Students have the opportunity to earn a degree in a cross-disciplinary environment that reflects the trend in industry. The program employs instructors with years of practical experience and is guided by working professionals.
The Media Technologies program is designed to offer greater flexibility to students who can, working with an advisor, design a custom curriculum best suited to their needs and interests. The program offers certificates for those needing broader, deeper and/or upgraded training. To learn more about these options, see the Certificate Programs section of this Catalog.
Design for Web and Print concentration. The Design for Web and Print curriculum offers students hands-on experience in designing graphics and digital components for print material and websites. Students use the latest graphics software and authoring and scripting languages, create content and digital media, manage and deploy e-business solutions servers, maintain websites and develop marketing material for small- to large-scale enterprises. Some courses are delivered completely over the internet, and most courses are taught in the classroom as well, enabling students to choose the course delivery method best suited to their learning style.
Typical job opportunities: Graphic and web designer, marketing and promotions designer, webmaster, website designer, graphic designer, online services manager and website manager
Program goals. Upon completion of a Media Technologies program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Create media that communicate the desired message to the intended audience.
- Demonstrate mastery of the fundamentals within the medium of concentration.
- Apply various styles in communications media that display a grasp of both design and communication principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the techniques, equipment, software, hardware and materials for the production of appropriate content within ever-evolving media.
- Demonstrate understanding of the rights and responsibilities of the artist, subject, client, user and employer, including intellectual property rights.
Contact(s): Engineering and Media Technologies, (865) 694-6483