The Tennessee Board of Regents community colleges and the state’s locally governed institutions have joined together to develop a common core of courses for the Associate of Fine Arts (A.F.A.) degree. This common curriculum allows students to transfer, without loss of credit, from Pellissippi State to any TBR university music program as juniors, pending successful auditions, performance reviews, etc.
Contact(s): Music Office, (865) 539-7178 or 694-6701 or Liberal Arts Office, (865) 694-6475
Courses and Course Sequence
This sequence can be followed by students who begin college-level work in the fall semester. Prerequisites may apply to specific courses; it is the student's responsibility to determine if prerequisites have been met. An academic advisor is provided for each student. Prior to registering each semester, the student is expected to consult with his/her assigned advisor.
Semester IV (Spring)
- HIST1- History Elective 3 Credit(s)
- MUS3- Ensemble Elective 1 Credit
- MUS4- Individual Instruction Elective 2 Credit(s)
- NS5 - Natural Sciences Elective 4 Credit(s)
- SBS6 - Social/Behavioral Sciences Elective 3 Credit(s)
Total Credit Hours Needed for Graduation: 61-62*
* Students will complete the remaining 6 hours of the humanities requirement, including one course in literature at the intended university upon transfer. Students must successfully complete placement requirements in music theory, ear training, and piano at the university where transfer is planned. Students must also successfully complete required university auditions as appropriate.
Chosen from HIST 2010 , HIST 2020 , HIST 2030 , HIST 2210 , HIST 2220 , HIST 2310 , HIST 2320 . Students who plan to transfer to out-of-state or private universities should check requirements and take the appropriate courses.
Chosen from MATH 1010 , MATH 1050 , MATH 1130 , MATH 1530 , MATH 1630 , MATH 1710 , MATH 1720 , MATH 1730 , MATH 1830 , MATH 1910 .
Chosen from MUS 1511 , MUS 1521 , MUS 1540 , MUS 1545 , MUS 1555 , MUS 1565 , MUS 1575 , MUS 1595 .
4MUS Individual Instruction
Chosen from MUS 1712 , MUS 1722 , MUS 1732 , MUS 1742 , MUS 1752 , MUS 1762 , MUS 1772 , MUS 1782 .
Chosen from BIOL 1110 , BIOL 1120 , BIOL 2010 , BIOL 2020 , BIOL 2310 , BIOL 2320 ; CHEM 1010 , CHEM 1020 , CHEM 1050 , CHEM 1110 , CHEM 1120 ; GEOL 1040 , GEOL 1050 , GEOL 1300 ; PHYS 1070 , PHYS 2010 , PHYS 2020 , PHYS 2110 , PHYS 2120 .
Chosen from AAST 2200 ; ANTH 1230 ; ECON 2100 , ECON 2200 ; GEOG 1000 ; PHED 1100 ; POLS 1010 , POLS 1030 ; PSYC 1030 , PSYC 2100 , PSYC 2120 , PSYC 2130 , PSYC 2210 ; SOCI 1010 , SOCI 1040 ; WGST 2050 .