The Tennessee Board of Regents community colleges and the state’s public universities have joined together to develop a common core of courses for the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree. This common curriculum allows students to transfer, without loss of credit, from Pellissippi State to any Tennessee public university as juniors. All earned credit hours outlined on the pathway will apply toward a bachelor’s degree in the same discipline. The pathway guarantees admission to all public universities in the state, except for the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, where competitive admission standards will still apply.
Upon completion of the Associate of Arts transfer program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge and/or skills acquired within the general education core.
- Demonstrate knowledge and/or skills acquired from transfer electives.
- Locate and evaluate information from a range of credible sources using proper attribution and citation.
- Solve problems using skills developed across the curriculum.
- Exhibit understanding of content spoken, written, or signed in the target language with an awareness of context, audience, purpose, and point of view.
- Produce meaningful communication, oral, written or signed in the target language, taking into account the context, purpose, and audience.
- Compare and contrast salient aspects of target language culture and the learner’s first language culture.
Contact(s): Enrollment Services, (865) 694-6400, or Student Assistance Center, (865) 694-6556
Courses and Course Sequence
This sequence can be followed by students who begin college-level work in the fall semester. Prerequisites may apply to specific courses; it is the student’s responsibility to determine if prerequisites have been met. An academic advisor is provided for each student. Prior to registering each semester, the student is expected to consult with his/her assigned advisor.
Semester II (Spring)
- ASL/FREN/GERM/SPAN1 - Intermediate Modern Language Elective 3 Credit(s)
- ENGL 1020 - English Composition II ■ ♦ ★
- HIST2 - History Elective 3 Credit(s)
- MATH4 - Mathematics Elective 3-5 Credit(s)
- SBS5 - Social/Behavioral Sciences Elective 3 Credit(s)
Total Credit Hours Needed for Graduation: 60-61
Students lacking two years of study in the same modern language must complete one year of beginning modern language prior to enrolling in intermediate courses.
Chosen from HIST 2010 , HIST 2020 , HIST 2030 , HIST 2210 , HIST 2220 , HIST 2310 , HIST 2320 . Students planning to transfer to out-of-state or private universities must check requirements and complete the appropriate courses. HIST 2210 and HIST 2220 are required for transfer to UTK.
Chosen from ART 2010 , ART 2020 ; ENGL 2035 , ENGL 2055 , ENGL 2110 , ENGL 2120 , ENGL 2150 , ENGL 2210 , ENGL 2220 , ENGL 2310 , ENGL 2320 , ENGL 2430 ; MUS 1030 , MUS 1035 ; PHIL 1030 , PHIL 1040 , PHIL 1300 , PHIL 1500 , PHIL 2200 ; PHO 1200 ; THEA 1030 .
Chosen from MATH 1010 , MATH 1050 , MATH 1130 , MATH 1530 , MATH 1630 , MATH 1710 , MATH 1720 , MATH 1730 , MATH 1830 , MATH 1910 .
Chosen from AAST 2200 ; ECON 2100 , ECON 2200 ; GEOG 1000 ; PHED 1100 ; POLS 1010 , POLS 1030 ; PSYC 1030 , PSYC 2100 , PSYC 2120 , PSYC 2130 , SOCI 1010 , SOCI 1040 ; WGST 2050 .
Chosen from any unduplicated transferable course. Students planning to transfer must check course equivalency tables and/or catalogs of the intended college or university.
Elective to be chosen from BIOL 1010 , BIOL 1020 , BIOL 1110 , BIOL 1120 , BIOL 2010 , BIOL 2020 , BIOL 2310 , BIOL 2320 ; CHEM 1010 , CHEM 1020 , CHEM 1110 , CHEM 1120 ; GEOL 1040 , GEOL 1050 , GEOL 1300 ; PHYS 2010 , PHYS 2020 , PHYS 2110 , PHYS 2120 . BIOL 1110 and BIOL 1120 are required for transfer to UTM. Credit toward graduation cannot be received for both courses in either of the following pairs: BIOL 1010 and BIOL 1110; BIOL 1020 and BIOL 1120.
ENGL 2035 , ENGL 2055 , ENGL 2110 , ENGL 2120 , ENGL 2150 , ENGL 2210 , ENGL 2220 , ENGL 2310 , ENGL 2320 , ENGL 2430 , ENGL 2510 .
An additional unduplicated mathematics elective chosen from MATH 1010 , MATH 1530 , MATH 1630 , MATH 1830 or MATH 1910 is required for transfer to UTK.