The Producing for Video and Media Arts certificate is designed to train individuals in organizing, budgeting, and managing a video or television production of any size or level. The curriculum provides advance skills the students need to be able to find and analyze a script, develop a budget, hire above-the-line and below-the-line crew, conduct a casting call, breakdown scenes, organize and manage a full crew on set, meet deadlines, follow the editing process, and develop a marketing plan for distribution.
Credits earned may be applied toward the Media Technologies/Video Production Technology Concentration, Video Production Option, A.A.S. degree.
Courses in each level (Foundation, Core and Advanced Tracks) must be completed prior to advancing to the next level. Where more than one course is offered within a level, courses may be taken in any sequence.
- Producer of television programming for local stations
- Producer of television programing for a national network
- Producer of promotional, training, or commercial videos for a production company that caters to clients
- Producer of special events that include audio/video crew
- Segment producer for news-style programing
- Associate producer for assisting producers on large production of one hundred or more crew members