2015-2016 College Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Business/Management Concentration, A.A.S.
Degree: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Accreditation. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 W. 119th St., Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org.
Program description. The Business program encompasses related disciplines in these general concentrations: Accounting , Culinary Arts , Hospitality and Management . Students earn a degree in a cross-disciplinary environment that reflects the trend in industry. The program employs instructors with years of practical experience and is guided by working professionals.
Management concentration. The goal of the Management concentration is to produce graduates with the skills necessary to effectively manage and provide leadership for any organization’s most important resource: its people.
Typical job opportunities: Team leader, supervisor, human resources assistant, small-business manager/owner, management trainee, branch manager
Program goals. Upon completion of the Business program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Apply the basic principles of Business.
- Integrate business disciplines.
- Identify problems and use appropriate techniques to find solutions.
- Work independently and function on a team.
- Demonstrate basic math, verbal and written communications, and the use of technology.
- Qualify for entry-level positions in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global nature of business.
Contact(s): Business and Computer Technology, (865) 694-6656