Degree: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Accreditation. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 W. 119th St., Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org.
Program description. The Business Administration program encompasses related disciplines in these general concentrations: Computer Accounting , Culinary Arts , Hospitality , and Management . Students will earn a degree in a cross-disciplinary environment that reflects the trend in industry. The program employs instructors with years of practical experience and is guided by working professionals.
Computer Accounting concentration. The Computer Accounting concentration offers a core curriculum that provides the academic and technical background for individuals who wish to prepare for entry-level accounting positions in business and industry using both accounting and personal computer skills. The curriculum is designed to enable the graduate to apply principles of accounting to business situations and to understand other functions of business: marketing, management, finance and information processing.
Typical job opportunities: Staff accountant, accounts payable technician, accounts receivable analyst, payroll technician, income tax preparer
Program goals. Upon completion of a Business Administration program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Apply the basic principles of Business Administration.
- Integrate business disciplines.
- Identify problems and use appropriate techniques to find solutions.
- Work independently and function on a team.
- Demonstrate basic math, verbal and written communications and computer skills.
- Qualify for entry-level positions in business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the global nature of business.
Contact(s): Business and Computer Technology, (865) 694-6656