Degree: Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.)
Accreditation. Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, 11520 W. 119th St., Overland Park, KS 66213, (913) 339-9356, www.acbsp.org.
Program description. The Business program encompasses related disciplines in these general concentrations: Entrepreneurship , Hospitality Management and Management. Students have the opportunity to earn a degree in a cross-disciplinary environment that reflects the trend in industry. The program employs instructors with years of practical experience and is guided by working professionals.
Management concentration. The Management concentration is designed to produce graduates with the skills necessary to effectively manage and provide leadership for any organization’s most important resource: its people.
Typical job opportunities: Team leader, supervisor, human resources assistant, small-business manager/owner, management trainee, branch manager
Program outcomes. Upon completion of the Business program, the graduate will have developed the skills, knowledge and abilities to accomplish the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, think critically and develop problem solving skills utilizing quantitative data in business situations through physical or virtual presence in writing, speaking, listening and electronic media.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the American free enterprise system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic interaction of supply and demand.
- Apply business and management knowledge through employability of skills.
- Interpret accounting information, marketing practices and economic data and be creative with business solutions.
Contact(s): Business and Computer Technology, (865) 694-6656